Chestnut Hill welcomes autumn with the Chestnut Hill Fall for the Arts Festival, a day of art, music, great food, boutique shopping and family fun. The festival celebrates its 30th year this year with a carefully curated collection of art.
DELAWARE VALLEY (PA) LOCALS:
it’s been a good time every time i’ve gone! Highly Recommended!
(i’ll be there for a couple hours, then iggles at “the frosted mug”…)
Is there such a thing as “battle britches?”
'cause, if there isn't?
there should be!
"Date someone who is interested in you. I don’t mean someone who thinks you’re cute or funny. I mean someone who wants to know every insignificant detail about you. Someone who wants to read every word you write. Someone who wants hear every note of your favourite song, and watch every scene of your favourite movie. Someone who wants to find every scar upon your body, and learn where each one came from. Someone who wants to know your favourite brand of toothpaste, and which quotes resonate deep inside your bones when you hear them. There is a difference between attraction and interest. Find the person who wants to learn every aspect of who you are."
anonymous (via kushandwizdom)
I like new friends because I can reuse old jokes
i was tagged in this endeavor by the ever amazing, royalfatty!
1. i have a college degree, never been arrested, most people know this about me but, still, they seem stunned to know…
i was a Cub AND Boy Scout.
do i look like that much of a rascal…?
2. only 1 woman has ever referred to me as…
3. i watched TV for the first time in, like, 2 months. (a disagreement with my broadband/cable overlords.)
the only thing i really miss is the local morning news — they’re a fun bunch and i like to track the weather.
4. i will not judge you (well, not too much) on the misuse of, say, “to, too, & two” and/or “there, their, they’re” and/or “your, you’re” — sometimes people’s minds work faster than their typing. i get that, and i’ve done that, so that’s not a disqualifier!
if you tell me how good the movie “The Princess Bride” was/is and, when, i ask you if you’ve read the book, you say something along the lines of “what book?”/”it was a book?”/”i didn’t even know there was a book.”/etc…
I WILL JUDGE YOU, HARSHLY.
(inigo DID NOT KILL RUGEN!)
5. i haven’t been on a date in 5 ¾……
i’ve had bad relationships & bad sex, before (sometimes together, sometimes separately) — so, the moratorium ain’t been that bad.
(also, see #3 above…)
6. the older i get, the more i realize — i know, and i’ve done some now really…
(i got my computer merit badge using…punch cards.)
7. in the winter, if it is cold enough to wear layers (meaning, i will be outside for more than a few minutes), my base layer will be…
and yours should be, too!
your next layer should be loose fitting OVER the fishnets. this will create a warm air layer above your skin, it will also allow perspiration to evaporate, and you won’t have clothes sticking to your skin, sucking off heat.
(i’m sure some of you are thinking, “he’s just saying this so we’ll ask for pics of him in fishnet.” NOT SO! but i won’t mind pics of you in fishnet.
for layering purposes, or salacious ones.
8. the older i get, the more i appreciate some of the ol’ time wisdom of my forebears.
example, in the summer time, walking about…
IT IS A REVELATION!
(if you buy me seersucker, i will know you read this post—and you love me—because you would like to keep me cool & comfortable in hot, humid temps.
9. i started college at a large, land grant, institution in the midwest. when i transferred (to a small, liberal arts college in new england), it was because it fulfilled one of my key criteria — they had no ncaa sports teams. this meant i could maintain my loyalty to my previous school.
I AM A SPARTAN! GO GREEN! GO WHITE! GO STATE!
(and fuck-a-duck, for what happened this past weekend…)
10. i have trouble sleeping - the temperature has to be right (“right” = i can sleep comfortably with just a sheet); it has to be super dark (minimal light infiltration); has to be some noise, but the right kinda’ noise (the a/c fan is the right noise, the ac/ fan outta’ balance IS NOT.); and my mind must be at peace…
i have LOTS of trouble sleeping!
(more time to play on tumblr!)
if they haven’t done this already (but they probably have!), i tag my “usual suspects”:
tushbutt, allwecanbe, wolf, kosmonaunt, juicaayzay, ivan, the daily doodles…
…you have no place else to go?
is that ‘Home,’ or…
just ‘Not Nowhere?’