Let the church say amen.
"black professors, actors, sheriffs and so on being racially profiled."
and…a PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES by members of congress, state governors, justices of the highest court in the land, and sketchy whorish billionaires.
Justice While Black: Helping African-American Families Navigate and Survive the Criminal Justice System by Robbin Shipp and Nick Chiles
Justice While Black is a must-read for every young black male in America—and for everyone else who cares about their survival and well-being. This is a first-of-its-kind essential guide for African-American families about how to understand the criminal justice system, and about why that system continues to see black men as targets—and as dollar signs.
The book provides practical, straightforward advice on how to deal with specific legal situations: the threat of arrest, being arrested, being in custody, preparing for and undergoing a trial, and navigating the appeals and parole process. The primary goal of this book is to become a primer for African Americans on how to avoid becoming ensnared in the criminal justice system.
NEVER EVER EVER…
tell me something good because i got nuth’n, right now.
nuth’n at all…
awww! thanks muchly! you’re one of my favorite beings, too…
and i’ll smack the universe around if it doesn’t continue to be good to you…
the almost kidnapping and affliction!?
morocco might not be your friend…
you have a good weekend, too!
awesome answers, but you need more awesome stuff to happen!
I was tagged for this by juiceezay (and this is the 1st time i’ve done one of these! so, follow her: she’s obviously special!
Rule #1: Always post the rules
Rule #2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 9 new ones.
Rule #3: Tag 11 people and link them to this post.
Rule #4: Actually tell them you tagged them.
1. If you could plan your last day on earth…What would you do? Who would you see? What would you eat? etc.
road trip - see as many of my favorite peeps as i could, then end with roller coasters, and a FANTASTIC cheeseburger
2. Who’s the one person that really gets you?
3. What’s your favorite part of Tumblr?
the way people share their lives, any and/or all parts of it! truly fascinating, energized, amazing people, here.
4. Tell me about your best sexual experience.
it wasn’t the best for what *I* physically got out of it, it was the best because of how she responded (physically, emotionally, etc) to everything i did…
5. Can you ride a bike?
mostly, i’d need some practice minutes…
6. What did you think about most this week?
transportation - have to get a new (to me) car on the road. money, in general - just had surgery at the beginning of the month, so there are bills to pay…
7. Tell me about the person you like/have a crush on.
my current crushes all have the same things in common: they’re kind, friendly, & cute.
8. If you had to have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
cheeseburgers, with oranges for dessert…
9. What is something you usually do to relax?
road trip to vacation.
or take a tranquilizer, or cocktail…
1. BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE?
2. WORST DAY OF YOUR LIFE?
3. MOST IMPORTANT/SIGNIFICANT THING YOU’VE EVER DONE FOR SOMEONE?
4. MOST IMPORTANT EVENT YOU’VE EVER PARTICIPATED IN?
5. WHAT’S THE BEST THING ABOUT LOVE (talking romantic love, here!)?
6. WHAT’S YOUR SIMPLEST PLEASURE?
7. DO YOU COLOR THE PLACEMATS, USE COLORING BOOKS, CAVORT WITH CRAYONS IN GENERAL?
8. DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF CREATIVE - WHY OR WHY NOT? (except #thedailydooodles - your question is: WHEN DID YOU REALIZE YOU WERE CREATIVE, AND HOW DID YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT?
9. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE?